Want to get the most out your Apple iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch device and your Konica Minolta printer? Konica Minolta’s PageScope Mobile app is a cutting-edge application that connects your mobile Apple device with our line of bizhub multi-function printers. After installing the printing app from the iTunes Store, you can print directly from your Apple device, as well as scan documents for instant access on those devices.
Setting up a wi-fi connection between your Apple mobile device and Konica Minolta printer is simple, and I will explain how to add a printer to your device. Before you get started, make sure you have the following:
- iPad/iPad 2/iPad 3: iOS 4.2, 4.3, 5.0, 5.1; or iPhone 3GS/iPhone 4: iOS 4.3, 5.0, 5.1; or iPod touch fourth generation: iOS 4.2, 4.3, 5.0, 5.1
- Wireless LAN Connection
- Compatible bizhub multifunction printer
- PageScope Mobile App downloaded from the App Store.
Setting Up Your Mobile Print App
The first step in using the printing app is to ensure you have a Wi-Fi connection set up correctly between your Konica Minolta printer and your mobile device.
- Turn on your mobile device.
- Tap “Settings.”
- Tap “Wi-Fi.”
- From the “Choose a Network” menu, select the network you wish to use for printing, scanning and accessing the web. The list of available networks detected will automatically appear.
- Return to the home page.
Add a Copier or Printer to Your Mobile Device
The next step is to choose the printer you want to use in conjunction with the PageScope print app.
- From the Home page, tap the PageScope Mobile icon.
- Tap the Select Printer icon.
- Tap Add Printer.
- If your mobile device automatically detects the available bizhub printers on the wireless LAN network, they will appear in Add Printer List.
- Tap the desired printer and press the Add button.
- If you wish to communicate with more than one available printer, tap each desired printer and press the Add button for each one.
- If your mobile device does not automatically detect the available printers, tap Manual.
- Tap IP address or DNS Name field.
- Enter the IP address of the printer.
- Press Return or Search.
- Press Add to add the printer.
- Return to Home page.
There you have it! Just by following a few simple steps, you’ll be ready to scan or print documents from your Apple mobile device in no time using Konica Minolta’s PageScope printing app. And check out our next blog post for a how-to on using PageScope for Android.
If you’re a business owner in Canton, North Canton, Green, Akron, Youngstown or elsewhere in Ohio or Western Pennsylvania, we would be happy to help you get the most out of your office equipment. Contact us if you’d like to learn more about the many product features of Konica Minolta copiers and printers.