As a user of Konica Minolta’s award-winning line of bizhub multifunctional printers, you are already aware of the many features that make everyday document handling fast and efficient. But did you know that our PageScope Mobile printing app allows you to print directly from your Android™-based smart phone? Now that is productivity at its finest.
In addition to using the print app to print directly from your Android device, you can also scan documents for instant access. PageScope is the perfect choice for hospital personnel who want to print reports or patient files; teachers and students who need to print reports, student records or assignments; and corporate user who want access to information anywhere, anytime from their corporate network via Wi-Fi.
Major functions include:
• Printing photos saved on an Android device;
• Receiving scanned data from a bizhub MFP using Scan-to-WebDAV or WS Scan;
• Receiving data from a bizhub MFP using Scan-to-Email;
• Viewing or Printing received data;
• Viewing or printing Web Pages;
• Printing images taken by the camera available on the Android device.
The recently released 2.0 version of the PageScope Mobile for Android app also allows users to be connected with external cloud services such as Google Drive or Dropbox to further enhance productivity.
Initial PageScope Print App Setup
Configuring PageSource on your Android-based phone or device is fast and easy. You will be printing and scanning to your Konica Minolta multi-function printer in no time. The first step is to download the printing app from the Google Play Store for free. To set up the Wi-Fi connection between bizhub MFP and Your Mobile Android Device, follow those simple steps:
- Turn on your mobile device.
- Touch Wi-Fi Settings.
- Touch Wi-Fi.
- Swipe On to activate Wi-Fi Settings.
- From the Wi-Fi menu, select the network you wish to use for printing,
scanning, accessing the Web, etc. (the list of available networks detected
will automatically appear).
- Touch the Home Button to return to the home screen.
Adding a Printer to Your Mobile Device
- From the Home screen, touch the PageScope Mobile icon.
- Touch the Select Printer icon .
- Touch Add Printer.
- If your mobile device automatically detects the available bizhub MFP(s) on the wireless LAN network, it (they) appear in the Add Printer list .
- Touch the desired printer and press the Add button. If you want to communicate with more than one available printer, touch each desired printer and press the Add button for each one .
- If your mobile device does not automatically detect the available printers, touch Manual.
- Touch the IP Address or DNS name field.
- Enter the IP Address of the printer and press OK.
- Press Add to add the printer.
- Touch the printer that has been registered in the PageScope Mobile App and the available print settings will be available .
- Touch the Favorites check box if you want to make this the favorite printer.
- Touch the respective check box of each of the print settings you wish to set as
the defaults (printer selections will vary based on the configuration of the MFP).
- Touch previous arrow icon to return to the previous screen (press multiple times to go back multiple screens) or touch the Home button to return to the Home screen.
Up to 20 compatible Konica Minolta MFPs can be registered in the PageScope Mobile App, so you will have instant access to high-quality copies. If you are a business owner in Canton, North Canton, Green, Akron, Youngstown or elsewhere in Ohio or Western Pennsylvania, get the most out of your office equipment. Contact us if you’d like to learn more about the many product features of Konica Minolta copiers and printers.